Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ICANN Meetings in Lisbon Portugal

webplanet

Transcript - Tutorial - Domain Name Secondary Market: What makes a name worth thousands of dollars and how does this market work?

25 March 2007

Interessant zu lesen:
http://www.icann.org/meetings/lisbon/transcript-tutorial-secondary-25mar07.htm

Zitate von Tim Schumacher, CEO of SEDO.com:

"...
It's something which we've waited for for years. We started the company about six years ago, when there was really no talk of the secondary market. And it's good to see that there's more and more interest in this market. And I fully agree that this secondary market will become the new primary market.
..."

"...
And out of the secondary market, I believe, and it might be a bold statement, but I truly believe that in five years, the expiring domain market is going to be dead.
..."

"...
The number of sales is growing really fast. So we are seeing a lot of the secondary market going into the long tail, a lot of small sales happening. So at SEDO, for example, to give you an example, we have an average price of about $2,000. And we have a median price of about $600. That means more than half of the names sell for less than 600. So there are just a couple of high-ticket sales, like vodka.com, which we sold a couple of months ago for 3 million. And those, of course, take the average price up.
..."

Gruss Jens

Zurück
Oben