Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MwSt bei Domain Parking revenue (USA)

Simonn

As a resident in Germany,
how does it work if i receive parking revenue from DomainSponsor/Parked.com (USA)
I am responsible to pay Mwst (19%) or just the income tax or both? There has been some confusion in Finanzamt regarding the same.
Please share your thoughts

-simon

you must declare your business to the tax office in germany. if your revenue is less than 17500.- Euro, nobody will care if you don't declare it but actually you have to to do it.
if you have not declared it, you are not authorized to get VAT from your parking provider. if they have payed you the VAT anyway, you must pay it to the german tax office.

if there is not a VAT added in your bill, you must not pay. but that depends on the amount of your revenue. when the revenue is more than 17500 p.a. they will charge you VAT and you have to pay even when its not added in your bills.

just my opinion, i am not a tax counsellor but i would suggest to ask one. or ask your responsible tax office and if you are still confused, ask them again and again. it is their job to make you confused. and they make a very good job

regards
armin

If you receive your parking revenue from a company located outside the E.U., then you won't have to collect MwSt. with your bill. Example: If you have a company in Germany using Google Adsense, your revenue will be exempt from MwSt., for Google is located elsewhere. If you get paid from sedo or any other european parking provider, however, you will have to bill them for MwSt. and forward it to the local revenue office.
Regards,
Holger

so if the revenue is more than 17500 euro per year then we will be liable to pay Mwst. on the parking revenue received from US based parking company?
whereas Holger says its not required.
any more thoughts on this?

Your revenue is below 17500 Euro/year: you are usually not liable for MwSt., no matter who is paying your bills (although you may opt for MwSt. if you wish to do so).

Your revenue is above 17500 Euro/year: you are liable for MwSt. when bills are paid by german customers or private customers from any other E.U. country.

You will not have to collect MwSt. from companies or private customers situated outside the E.U. nor from companies in other E.U. memberstates, no matter what your yearly revenue might be. So parking revenue earned from american providers will always be exempt.
Regards,
Holger

what holger says is correct. i have not considered that you are asking about revenues from US

what about parking revenue from Sedo Deutschland?
they also use Google for their parking and Google is based in the USA? so indirectly our revenue comes from outside EU?

What about a little “thank you” for the kind community members who have already taken their time to help you with this issue? What kind of revenue magnitude are we actually talking about on your end – or is this some hypothetical “what if” exercise? Who are you anyway? What is your nationality (instead of current residence status)?

Regards,

Domaingame

dude I am not done yet. its a discussion topic and I am trying to see it from different angle and you come in the middle and say that i need to say "thank you" before i take the discussion further down.i dont help anyone with an expectation of getting "thank you" in response. if you do, its not help but you are expecting something in return.
you are too formal thats why you are a moderator?
Ask Markus more about me, he might be able to help you.

“Dude”? Raised in a Yahoo chat room? :rolleyes:
I am not done yet. .
In many ways you actually already are. You just don’t know it.
its a discussion topic and I am trying to see it from different angle and you come in the middle and say that i need to say "thank you" before i take the discussion further down. .
It’s called being polite and thankful. Saying “thank you” does not cost anything.
i dont help anyone with an expectation of getting "thank you" in response. .
I don’t either. However, I will register those who can’t even spare a simple “thanks” as ungrateful little bitches who can kiss my ass the next time they need help.
if you do, its not help but you are expecting something in return. .
Bullshit. Help is usually an act. A “thank you” is the polite way of acknowledging the act. It’s called manners!
you are too formal thats why you are a moderator? .
I’m here to teach little rude boys and girls how to behave politely.
Ask Markus more about me, he might be able to help you.
I’m asking you!

Regards,

Domaingame

popcorn.gif

@ simonn: don't listen to domaingame, he is a dictator. go to the finanamt and speak to them in the way you did it here. they will love you. believe me

CD became a very rough place to talk domains, which is why I stopped participating long ago.

Simon privately contacted me about his problem at another forum. Upon receiving my reply he politely thanked for my time and the advice I had given him. I'm sure he would have thanked you, too, as soon as having found the answers he was looking for.

Zurück
Oben